Burnside Motors provides expert service advice, repair and installation of leading suspension products for your passenger vehicle, performance vehicles and 4x4.
The purpose of your vehicle’s suspension is more than just providing you with a smooth & comfortable ride – it’s also & more importantly about your safety. It’s about keeping your tyres in contact with the road – ensuring your brakes, steering & traction are effective. The industry knows this as the Safety Triangle – stopping, steering and stability - which means your brakes, tyres and shock absorbers need to work together at maximum efficiency to ensure your vehicle performs safely.
Our suspension packages help you to get the best from your 4wd. We are specialists in:
- 4x4 suspension kits
- air suspension
- lift kits
- specialised wheel alignment.
We will give you the best suspension advice and the right solution for your Hilux, Jeep, Landcruiser, Mazda BT50, Navarra, Patrol, Prado, Ranger, Rodeo, Triton or other popular 4wd.
When properly tuned the steering and suspension of your vehicle should:
- Provide an enhanced, smoother ride for maximum comfort
- Transfer the load easily when towing
- Provide better entry & exit angles
- Deliver longer tyre life & better use of tyre design
- Provide driver stability, handling & traction in all conditions
- Lessen driver & passenger fatigue
One worn shock absorber can increase your vehicles stopping distance by up to 2.6 metres – this can make the difference between life & death in the event of an accident. Watch out for the signs of worn suspension components:
- Your vehicle's nose dips forward when braking
- Shock absorbers start to leak oil
- Uneven tyre tread wear
- Your vehicle tends to handle badly around corners